Pre Primary Curriculum
The Pre Primary Curriculum serves children aged 2 to 6. It provides a diversified learning environment for children to develop their different potentials. Parents are child’s first teacher as well as school’s crucial partners for Nurturing them. School is a miniature of society and a bridge between family life and social life.
To nurture children to attain all round development in the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social-skills and aesthetics.
To develop good habits so as to prepare them for life.
To stimulate the child’s interest in learning and cultivate positive attitude in them.
- Physical Development
- Develop sensory perception and ability to concentrate
- Cultivate good habits, self-care ability and healthy lifestyle
- Development of fine and gross motor skills
- Cognitive and Language Development
- Affective and Social Development
- Aesthetic Development
- Enrich sensory experiences and encourage them to express their thoughts and feelings
- Stimulate imaginative and creative powers
- Encourage participation in creative activities
- Early Mathematics
- Physical Fitness and Health
- Arts, Music, Dance
- Values and Attitude
- No examination will be conducted for Pre Nursery-KG
- Observation Analysis recording will be done by the teachers on a monthly basis throughout the year
The child’s achievements will be recognized and appreciated and informed to the parents for the enhanced understanding of their ward
Home School Cooperation
Families and Schools play a critical role in educating and socializing children. A good home school communication is a must at Mount Olympus. We acknowledge parent’s partnership and involvement in social activities such as sports, assemblies, presentations, workshops, seminars, school outings, community services, organizing book club activities, celebrations etc.
The Curriculum of Primary School in Gurgaon revolves around 4 C’s:
- Communication SKILLS
- Critical Thinking
- Collaboration Skills
An integrated approach is followed to amalgamate all the 4 C’s and make teaching learning process an enjoyable one.
The children are exposed to a plethora of activities-
- Art and Sculpture
Content of Curriculum
The Curriculum of Primary School of Gurgaon consists of the following areas:
- Language – English, Hindi
- Environmental and Scientific Education
- Arts – Visual arts, music, theater
- Physical education
The curricular subjects are transacted through project method and activities making learning joyful.
For each student, there is a personalized component to develop their habits and skills around health, fitness, performing arts, time management and reading habits.
There are no examination till class III.
Monthly evaluation is conducted to understand the level achieved by each child. This helps the teacher to gauge the student’s understanding and work upon each child individually. The monthly reviews help the teacher to gather information about children’s progress and achievement and use this information to enrich the teaching & learning and report this information to all those concerned with the child’s education.
Subjects offered in the middle school
- English – Language and Literature
- Hindi – Second Language
- Science – Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Social Science – History, Civics, Geography
- French/Sanskrit – Third Language
- Physical and Health Education
- Arts – Visual Arts (Drawing/Painting/Sculpture), Performing Arts (Music/Dance/Theater)
- Work Education/Club House activities
The pedagogy of school aims at:
- Encouraging creative, critical and reflective thinking
- Developing an interest in the process of learning
- Stimulating Curiosity
- Directing and exercising emotions
- Fostering capacity to tackle a problem and deriving a solution
- Integrating of ICT into curriculum
Range of activities as a part of school calendar:
- Exposure to National and International competitions
- Participation in Inter house/Intra class competitions
- Theme based class assemblies
- Visits and Excursions to connect with History, Geography and Life Science
- Sports and Games
- Street plays and community outreach programs
- Literary activities
- Exposure to Olympiads