Welcome to ‘Mount Olympus’
As one walks inside the warm folds of our school building, one of the first things one will notice are the happy pictures of our children learning, sharing, relishing, and playing! We nurture students for the future, to ensure that they receive adequate opportunities, mentoring, and guidance, along with the ability to excel in fields, such as entrepreneurship, leadership, teamwork, group dynamics, and academics.
Why Mount Olympus?
- Ideal classroom strength 1:15 (Primary) and 1:25 (Middle).
- Child-Centric School.
- Value in terms of money.
- School is connected to a vibrant local community.
- Life skills practices carried out at grass-root levels.
- A safe, hygienic, and disciplined environment.
- 100% participation in class through talent hunts, Friday activities, assemblies, enrichment activities, expos, club activities, etc.
- Building the foundation through a value-based education system and activities.
- Spacious, allows natural light, and well-ventilated building designs with plantscape contributing to a healthy environment.
- Regular workshops by the counsellor on individual basis, as well as in groups.
- Plethora of activities engaging parents during coffee mornings, parent’s educator assemblies, counselor sessions, and family get-togethers.
- Preparing the millennial generation to meet the challenges and demands of the times.
Learning to be organised is a process, a skill that needs to be taught, practised and honoured. The school calendar is a great tool to apprise about important activities in school. Weekly assembly schedule, visits/ excursions, Enrichment activities, examination schedule, Competitions, number of working days in a month can be viewed at a glance.
The great aim of education is not only knowledge but action. At Mount Olympus School, we believe in learning by doing. An impetus is provided to skill games, debates, dramatics, elocution, Shloka Chanting etc. through the enrichment classes.
Jewels of MOS
Mount Olympus School- An abode that sparkles with beaming smiles and laughter, the joy of learning and the light of loving parents and teachers is adorned with students who are happy, polite, enthusiastic and motivated to learn. Our students fervently take advantage of a plethora of opportunities provided to them to further develop and foster a love for learning and be well equipped for the challenges that lie ahead. They are the jewels in our crown and they continue to make us proud with their unique set of talent, skill, expertise and stupendous all round achievement including academics, sports and cultural activities like National Olympiads, District & State level Championships, Inter-School Yoga competition, District Level Gymnastic competition, Inter-school dance competition, Pro-Archery District Level Championship, Pro-National Shooting Championship, Inter School Cricket and Jewelry Making Competition, Shloka Chanting and Karate Championship to name a few.
Awards and Recognitions
- Winner of the ‘Best Emergent School’ & ‘Best Sports Education Award’ by Brain feed School Excellence Awards, 2017.
- Mount olympus School has recently won the “Excellence in life skill teaching” award by Eldrok India K-12 Awards 2019 on 23rd Jan 2019
- Mount Olympus School has been honored to represent India on an invitation by Ministry of Education, China.
- Represented India as a moderator at the World Education Summit 2017, Dubai.
- Mount Olympus School has received the ‘Best Holistic Development’ jury’s choice award by EDUCATION TODAY – NORTH SCHOOL MERIT AWARDS, on 9th September 2018, at Taj City Center.
- Our beloved Principal Ma’am has been awarded the ‘Leaders in the Field of Education’ award by Education Today.
- Our little champ, Krishna K., was one amongst four in Haryana to win UNESCO Mitsubishi Asian Children’s ‘Enikki’ Festa, Japan, out of 4673 entries from India.
- Excellence award by MACE Festa 2017-2018 was awarded to Gauri Sharma under the Art and Craft category amongst 24 countries.
- Our Principal Maam has received ‘Gurugram Achievers Award’ 2018 by Garnet n Gold
- Recently “Beti Bacho Beti Padhao” Award was granted to our revered Principal Maam on 25th December 2018 at Constitution Club New Delhi by politician Mr Manoj Tiwari
- Neeti Maam was honoured as ‘Principal of the year’ by 2nd International Mega Summit & School Excellence Leadership 2018 held in Kolkata
- Our Principal Maam is also a recipient of “Inspiring Educators Award” of NCR 2018 by Rocksport.
Mount Olympus follows the Central Board of Secondary Education System (CBSE). MOS offers formal schooling from early years to grade 12. We present a curriculum that involves the interests of the children and makes learning relevant to life. We incorporate themes, integrated units, projects, group work, individual work, and hands-on learning in order to make children active learners. Finally, we tie learning into the world community to help children become caring and active members of society.
Curriculum is facilitated by:
- Learning by Doing
- Stimulating Learning Environment
- Value Based Learning
- Small Classroom Strength (1:15 Primary | 1:25 Middle)
- Incubation center Activities for Early Years
- Exposure to National and International Competitions & Programs
- Integration of ICT in the Curriculum
- Training for Olympiads
- Parental Engagement Programs
- Qualified and Dedicated Teachers
Early Year Program:
To nurture children to attain all round development in the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social-skills and aesthetics.
To help children develop good habits so as to prepare them for life.
To stimulate the child’s interest in learning and cultivate positive attitude in them.
Primary School Program:
The Primary School Program consists of the following areas:
Language – English & Hindi.
Mathematics, Environmental, Social & Scientific Education.
Arts – Visual, music, theater, physical education, ICT.
The curricular subjects are transacted through project method and activities making learning joyful. For each student, there is a personalized component to develop their habits and skills around health, fitness, performing arts, time management, and reading habits.
Middle School Program:
The pedagogy of Middle school aims at:
- Encouraging creative, critical and reflective thinking
- Developing an interest in the process of learning
- Stimulating Curiosity
- Directing and exercising emotions
- Fostering capacity to tackle a problem and deriving a solution
- Integrating of ICT into curriculum
Senior School Program:
The curriculum is planned with the aim of providing a broad, balanced, and relevant course of study for all of students. This is set within the context of the CBSE Curriculum and promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, social, and physical development of students, thus preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities, and experiences of adult life. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are employed in all areas of the curriculum.
The emphasis is on developing the right study habits and acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge. The curriculum is extremely research-oriented, based on teamwork via discussions, group project work, discovery, and exploration. Personality development, value education, and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage.
Apart from the prescribed CBSE syllabus, the school strives to cater to the need to prepare students for competitive entrance exams, through result-oriented training by experienced professionals. The emphasis at this stage is on total development by targeting the desired results.
Your children’s education and welfare are our main priorities